games behind Oakland for

Размещаем и обсуждаем законы, постановления, приказы и инструкции федерального и муниципального уровня

games behind Oakland for

Сообщение elaine95 » 21 янв 2019, 05:21

PITTSBURGH (AP) Cole Hamels‘ stuff was just as filthy as Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon remembered. The changeup. The breaking ball. All of it.If the newly acquired veteran pitcher can figure out his fastball too http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-j.-c.-ramirez-jersey , the NL Central leaders will be that much tougher to hang with heading down the stretch. Hamels shut down the Pittsburgh Pirates over five effective innings in his return to the National League on Wednesday night as the Cubs jumped out early and cruised to a 9-2 victory.Hamels (6-9), brought over in a trade with Texas last week, gave up one unearned run on three hits. The four-time All-Star struck out nine and walked two to pick up his first win for a National League team in more than three years.”You want to be able to win a game for a new team and the guys here,” Hamels said. ”They’ve been playing outstanding baseball all season and you just kind of want to get in the mix. For them to be able to put up the runs early, kind of made my job a little bit easier.”Chicago brought in the 34-year-old Hamels to give its patchwork starting rotation a boost. The left-hander struggled at times for the Rangers this season and came in having won just twice since Memorial Day. His new teammates did their best to put him at ease, staking him to a four-run lead before he even took the mound.The Cubs batted around in the first against Nick Kingham (5-6) despite having the ball leave the infield just once. A pair of Pittsburgh errors helped , so did a wild pitch and a hit by pitch by Kingham Darin Erstad Jersey , who is a leading candidate to lose his spot in the starting rotation after the Pirates traded for Chris Archer on Tuesday.”It was a rough first inning all the way around,” Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. ”There were some balls not hit hard that were well placed. We didn’t handle the ball well and (Kingham) had a guy caught and didn’t execute a play. His overall execution wasn’t what we’ve seen in the past.”Willson Contreras went 3 for 4 with a home run and three RBIs for the Cubs. Jason Heyward and Ben Zobrist had three hits apiece while Kyle Schwarber and Javy Baez each added two hits and an RBI for Chicago. Reliever Brandon Kintzler worked 1 1/3 innings of scoreless relief on his 34th birthday a day after arriving in a trade from Washington.The centerpiece of Chicago’s deadline moves, however, was Hamels.Though he never retired Pittsburgh in order and needed 95 pitches to record 15 outs, he had little trouble earning his 153rd career win and first for a National League team since pitching a complete-game shutout against the Cubs on July 25, 2015 while playing for the Philadelphia Phillies.Hamels hit 96 mph on the radar gun and reminded his manager of the player who helped the Phillies to a World Series title in 2008 against Maddon and the Tampa Bay Rays. A decade later, Maddon finds himself sharing a dugout with Hamels instead.”I’m really looking forward to this http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-upton-jersey ,” Maddon said. ”He’s very capable of getting on a nice role with high-end stuff because his stuff is still (good).”Francisco Cervelli went 3 for 3 with an RBI for Pittsburgh and Starling Marte added two hits but the Pirates never threatened after falling into the early hole to lose for just the fifth time in their last 21 games.SCARY MOMENTHome plate umpire Chris Guccione exited in the top of the third inning after a foul ball off the bat of Heyward smacked Guccione’s mask. He was steadied in the moment by Pittsburgh catcher Cervelli and attempted to stay in the game before going to be evaluated by medical staff. Guccione did not return, with Ed Hickox taking his place behind the plate.TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: 3B Kris Bryant (left shoulder inflammation) has not been cleared to return to baseball activities but manager Joe Maddon said he does not anticipate Bryant needing much time to be game-ready once he’s given the go-ahead by trainers. … RHP Yu Darvish (right triceps tendinitis) will have another bullpen session on Saturday.Pirates: OF Corey Dickerson (strained left hamstring) is on track to come off the 10-day disabled list on Saturday. … 1B Josh Bell (strained left oblique) is doing core work but remains out indefinitely. .. IF Jung Ho Kang developed a recurrence of left wrist discomfort while working out at the team’s minor-league complex in Bradenton, Florida. The team will meet with Kang’s representatives before determining the appropriate steps.UP NEXTCubs: Return to Wrigley Field for a four-game weekend series against San Diego starting Thursday. Mike Montgomery (3-4, 4.03 ERA) faces Robbie Erlin (1-3, 3.47) in the opener.Pirates: Archer will make his 178th career start – and first for someone other than Tampa Bay – on Friday when the Pirates begin a three-game set with St. Louis.— Texas will still be looking for its first run of the series when the Rangers and the playoff-hopeful Tampa Bay Rays square off Wednesday afternoon at Globe Life Park in Arlington for the finale of their three-game set.The Rangers will send left-hander Yohander Mendez (2-1, 3.86) to the mound while Tampa Bay has not announced a starter and will likely go with the “opener” strategy that Rays manager Kevin Cash has popularized this season.The Rangers lost 4-0 on Tuesday to Tampa Bay’s Cy Young Award candidate Blake Snell a night after a streak of 106 home games without being shut out ended with a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Tyler Glasnow and three relievers.Article continues below ...Until Monday, Texas was the only major league team that hadn’t been shut out at home this season. They’ve gone 21 innings without scoring a run.“The two guys we faced the past two games have been very tough and had plus-breaking pitches they can throw for strikes Shohei Ohtani Jersey ,” Texas manager Jeff Banister said. “You don’t like (not scoring runs) but I still have faith in this offense. We needed to do something early and couldn’t anything done.”Ji-Man Choi has been a big part of the Rays’ surge that’s seen them win 13 of their past 16 contests.The Rays are 5 1/2 games behind Oakland for a wild card spot after Oakland’s 9-7 loss to the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday. Tampa Bay has 12 games to play.On Monday in a 3-0 win over Texas, Choi hit his eighth homer in 43 games covering 146 at-bats since getting called up July 11 after being acquired from the Brewers for Brad Miller, who has since been released. Projected over a full season, Choi could rip off 30 dingers, and he a permanent fixture in the middle of the Rays lineup.“I keep telling myself to focus on every at-bat and do what I can do, do my best, and the results will follow Brandon Phillips Jersey ,” Choi told the Tampa Bay Times through a Korean interpreter on the phone. “I just keep doing what I have to do at the plate.”On Tuesday, Choi had a hit, a walk and a run-scoring ground out in three plate appearancesCash said Choi’s been locked in, even hitting the ball hard to all parts of the park when he’s not recording hits.“He’s been hot, and now it seems like he’s getting big hits for a couple weeks,” Cash said. “I know how you can project numbers and I think it’s fair to say if he got consistent at-bats that you could see some pretty damaging numbers.”The 23-year-old Mendez will make his sixth appearance and fourth start of the season. It will be his 15th major league appearance and fourth big league start overall.Mendez has gone 2-0 with a 1.20 ERA in his last three games (two starts) and will be working on four days’ rest after earning the relief win in Rangers’ 4-0 shutout victory Friday at San Diego. He has never faced Tampa Bay.
elaine95
лейтенант

Re: games behind Oakland for

Сообщение voxzi » 23 сен 2020, 13:47

voxzi
полковник

Вернуться в Федеральные и муниципальные законы, информационные ресурсы