So, I’m excited.Q: You said about

Общение на любые темы

So, I’m excited.Q: You said about

Сообщение linchao » 16 янв 2020, 05:50

SANTA CLARA Malcolm Smith Color Rush Jersey , Calif. (AP) Jimmy Garoppolo could have waited and cashed in even more than he did after other quarterbacks re-set the market.The San Francisco 49ers could have used a franchise tag instead of making a long-term commitment to make sure Garoppolo was worth a hefty investment after only seven NFL starts.But both sides wanted this resolved quickly, and did so with a contract that will pay Garoppolo a record $27.5 million per season over the next five years.”This is where I want to be, honestly,” Garoppolo said at a news conference Friday. ”I wanted to get this deal done as fast as possible. It will only help our team going forward going into free agency. … I wanted to be here. I was excited to be here. I’m happy we got it done as fast as we did.”Garoppolo’s $137.5 million contract has the richest annual value in NFL history, topping the deal Detroit’s Matthew Stafford signed last year by $500,000 a season.The deal includes nearly $49 million that is full guaranteed, more than $74 million guaranteed for injury and more than $86 million that will be paid out over the first three seasons.The franchise tag could have been a safer option for both sides, leading to more money for Garoppolo if he kept playing at the high level he showed this past season and more protection for the 49ers if he didn’t reach that level.But neither side was eager to go that direction.”We became convinced we had that as an option, but we didn’t want to use it,” general manager John Lynch said. ”We wanted to make Jimmy a 49er for a long, long time. Do you have to have some faith for that? Absolutely. But he earned that faith we had for him. I know it wasn’t a super long time but we felt we had a really good grasp on the talent and that was only confirmed when he got here.”San Francisco acquired Garoppolo from New England before the trade deadline for a 2018 second-round pick. As soon as he took the field a few weeks later https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Robbie-Gould-Jersey , he immediately turned around a franchise that started the year with a 1-10 record.Garoppolo took over as starter and led San Francisco to five straight wins to end the season. He completed 67.4 percent of his passes this season, averaging 8.8 yards per attempt with seven TDs, five interceptions and a 96.2 rating.Among quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts last season, Garoppolo ranked first in yards per attempt, fourth in completion percentage. His 308.4 yards passing per game in his five starts also would have led the league had he played a full season.Now he will have a full offseason to completely learn coach Kyle Shanahan’s offense, which could lead to even more production.”Now the rush isn’t quite the same,” Shanahan said. ”He can start from the beginning and start from the first page and not the 50th page. He can get a better foundation. When you have a better foundation of where you’re coming from and learning, it gives you a chance to play at a higher level.”Garoppolo has won all seven starts in his career, including two in New England to start the 2016 season when Brady was suspended for his role in ”Deflategate.” Only four other quarterbacks since the 1970 merger won their first seven starts, with Ben Roethlisberger the most recent to do it with 15 wins in a row in the regular season for Pittsburgh in 2004-05. Garoppolo’s 2,038 yards passing in his first seven starts are the fourth most among all quarterbacks since 1970.The deal still leaves the 49er with more than $60 million in salary cap room Reuben Foster Jersey , according to executive vice president Paraag Marathe, with several more holes to fill. The most glaring needs are upgrading the skill position players and interior of the offensive line, and finding a big-time pass rusher and cornerbacks to help the defense.Lynch said he plans to be ”aggressively prudent” with that money but believes this deal will help sell the organization to potential free agents, including some who played for San Francisco this past year.”One of the reasons for the urgency, if there was some for us, was heading into free agency this is a big deal,” Lynch said. ”It’s 75 degrees and sunny outside. We have this guy. Who wouldn’t want to be here? We want to become a destination where everyone wants to be.”— Opinions will vary about this."It’s certainly been an interesting 48 hours for the San Francisco 49ers. On Thursday, they landed Nick Bosa, an edge rusher many viewed as the best player in the 2019 NFL Draft. After a Thursday evening conference call in which he got one question about his social media usage, Friday brought a press conference in which he was pressed rather heavily by Jim Trotter and one other non-beat writer about his social media.And then came Saturday morning. Donald Trump decided it was worth offering congratulations to Bosa on being selected by the 49ers. Frankly, I’m amazed he held off dumping on the city in the tweet.Bosa had been a vocal Trump supporter on social before deciding in the lead up to the draft to delete much of his Twitter history. He still “likes” certain far right elements Ahkello Witherspoon Color Rush Jersey , but he acknowledged in his media sessions this week that he will be cutting back on social media to a certain degree.The 49ers first round pick first spoke to the media on a conference call Thursday night. In that call he got a question about his social media posts and what was described as their conservative nature. He was asked his plan moving forward and if coming to the Bay Area gives him any pause given that it is liberal.That call was exclusively the beat writers and folks who regularly cover the team. On Friday, it was a larger audience, and it resulted in more push-back on the social media. The last question sounds like it came from Cam Inman, while the others came from media national reporter Jim Trotter and another person I did not recognize. Bosa was asked about understanding why people might find his social media use offensive, and then asked why he called Colin Kaepernick a clown.His social media presence has been a regular source of discussion, but this is the first time that I can recall where he was so specifically challenged on it. I’ve transcribed the entire thing, and you can click here for video.Bosa seemed uncomfortable but was responsive to the answers. I imagine we’ll have roughly three camps on this: 1) I don’t care about any of it, 2) he sounded sincere and is making an effort, and 3) he’s working with a PR person and is not sincere. I’m sure opinions will vary plenty on this.Here’s the full transcript for these particular questions.Q: You said, relating to some of the social media stuff, that you said some things that were insensitive. Can you understand why some folks would find it to be offensive — what was said?A: Definitely. I definitely made some insensitive decisions throughout my life https://www.49ersfanshop.com/C.-J.-Beathard-Jersey , and I’m just excited to be here with a clean slate. I’m sorry if I hurt anybody. I definitely didn’t intend for that to be the case. But I think me being here is even better for me as a person because I don’t think there’s anywhere, any city that would help you grow as much as this one will. I’m gonna be surrounded with people, all different kinds. So, I’m gonna grow as a person. I’m gonna be on my own. College, you have kind of like that, you still have that support system around you. Now, I’m here, I’m gonna be on my own, I’m gonna grow up, I’m gonna learn a lot of new things. So, I’m excited.Q: You said about Colin Matt Breida Jersey , you called him a clown. And as a black man who was giving a voice to people who don’t have a voice, do you still feel that same way.A: Umm, no. It wasn’t directed towards that. It’s not like I’m saying his stance and what he was doing, it’s not what I was calling or talking about at all. It was just me, a specific thing that happened and me as a young kid, a thought popping into my head and boom, decided to tweet it out. Bad decision. I mean, I respect what he’s done. If it empowers anybody than he’s doing a good thing. So, yea, I apologize for that.Q: You see the irony that you end up in San Francisco given that?A: Yea, it is kind of ironic.Q: What do you have to tell your teammates? Do you feel like there’s a part of you that needs to explain kind of some of those posts that you made on social media Trent Taylor Color Rush Jersey , and how they view you and accept you?A: I think once they get in and I meet the guys and they learn who I am, I don’t think there’s gonna need any explaining. I think they’re gonna see who I am as a person and that’ll be enough.Q: Why did you feel the need to scrub your tweets and your previous tweets and social media posts that kind of revealed a certain mindset, if you will?A: It’s kind of what prospects do a lot of the time. My agent took control of my social media when it comes to that, so I wasn’t going through and saying “delete this, delete this, delete this.” He just went through and deleted what he thought would rub people the wrong way. I didn’t think people would take that as me trying to hide things.Q: How is your use gonna be going forward, Nick? Are you gonna be very hesitant to do it, are you gonna be more about constantly putting your opinions out there?A: Yea, I’ve learned a lot in the past couple months, so I’m definitely gonna think a lot more before I send something out.
linchao
подполковник

Вернуться в Свободный форум