We really didn’t change much in the offense

Общение на любые темы

We really didn’t change much in the offense

Сообщение linchao » 26 дек 2019, 05:30

ATLANTA (AP)The NFL approved a new owner for the Carolina Panthers Mike Person Jersey , passed a rule to eject players who hit with their helmets, and took steps to spice up the kickoff.Still to be resolved: a much more contentious issue.What to do, if anything, about players who kneel during the national anthem?”We recognize with our visibility and the interest itself that it’s taken a life of its own,” Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Thursday.”We ask the world, `Don’t turn your head. Look at us. Wait a minute. Look at the NFL. Look at everything we’re doing.’ And then when we have some issues we’ve got to work through, we realize we’ve asked you to look.”Let’s do as good as we can do.”At their annual spring meeting, league owners welcomed David Tepper to their ranks by signing off on his record $2.2 billion deal to purchase the Panthers from disgraced team founder Jerry Richardson, who abruptly decided to sell after the NFL began investigating alleged sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace.During a brief news conference in which he took only a handful of questions, Tepper immediately made a bit of news by seeming to imply he would be willing to listen to offers for a new stadium from other cities in North and South Carolina. The team has made no secret of its desire to replace 22-year-old Bank of America Stadium, and its lease runs only through the upcoming season.”What’s the name of the team? Carolina Panthers. It’s going to be the Carolina Panthers,” Tepper said. ”And that means this team has to have some kind of presence in the Carolinas and last time I saw, how many are there? That’s right, there’s two of them.”But Tepper, a hedge fund owner who is worth a reported $11 billion, also reiterated several times that the largest city in the Carolinas is the ”logical place for this team.””As far as a new stadium, you’re asking me too much and the only thing I have a market on now is lack of knowledge,” he said. ”I’ll learn a lot more in the future.”Tepper’s purchase was the first order of business at the luxury hotel in Atlanta’s tony Buckhead neighborhood.That was the easy part.As a minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Tepper was already familiar to the league’s owners and his approval was a mere formality. The vote was unanimous.Anthem protests are a much thornier issue.”We certainly want to make and will make a thought-out, deliberate decision,” said Jones Patrick Willis Color Rush Jersey , who has made it clear he opposes kneeling during the anthem and was one of the few people to speak with reporters in the hotel lobby after the meeting broke up. ”Whatever we do, let’s put the focus on what the NFL’s about and that’s playing football.”The owners began discussing the issue – which has reached all the way to the White House – and will talk more before wrapping up their meetings Wednesday.Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem in 2016, a quiet but powerful protest against police brutality and racial inequities in the justice system.Other players took up the cause, and the gesture carried on during the 2017 season even after Kaepernick left the 49ers and failed to land a job with another team.President Trump turned the anthem protests into a campaign issue , saying the NFL should fire any player who takes a knee during ”The Star-Spangled Banner.” The NFL hasn’t gone that far, but Kaepernick has yet to land another job and one of his former teammates and fellow protesters, safety Eric Reid, is also out of work.Both have filed collusion grievances against the NFL .”I think there’s certainly resolve and I can assure the issue is getting the very best of every owner and the very best look at all our constituencies with an eye first and foremost to our fans. That’s No. 1,” Jones said.”We know our fans want us to zero in on football, and they don’t want to think about or think that we’re thinking about anything other than football.”The NFL was reportedly considering whether to assess a 15-yard penalty against any player who takes a knee or conducts any other protest during the anthem.Another possible option would be to change up the pregame routine, keeping teams in their respective locker rooms until after the anthem has played.That is the protocol long followed by college football, preventing anthem protests from being carried out in its stadiums.The new kickoff rules are aimed at making the high-speed play a bit safer and perhaps more exciting.Players on the kickoff team can’t get a running start, while eight of the return team’s 11 players must start out in a 15-yard zone near midfield, forcing them to run down the field alongside the coverage players. That will make the play more like a punt and should improve safety.Wedge blocks – two blockers teaming up on the same player – will also be banned. In addition, any kick that hits the ground in the end zone will be an automatic touchback.The new rules will be re-evaluated in 2019 to determine their effectiveness, but the league doesn’t want to eliminate kickoffs altogether.”It’s part of the game,” said Atlanta Falcons President and CEO Rich McKay, head of the league’s competition committee. ”If we can make plays more competitive and safer, we should do it.”In another attempt to improve safety, any player who initiates contact with his helmet is subject to ejection after an in-game video review that will be decided in New York.Al Riveron, the league’s head of officiating https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jerick-Mckinnon-Jersey , said a foul can be called regardless of where on the body – not just the head or neck area – that one player hits another with his helmet. The rule is not position-specific, so offensive players will be subject to the same criteria as defensive players.”This is about eliminating unnecessary use of the helmet,” Riveron said.If a player is ejected, Riveron and his staff in New York will use network camera angles to determine if the ejection is necessary. He promised that games will not become ”an ejection fest” every week.”Immediately when I learn in New York that there’s an ejection, I will ask the network to give me everything you’ve got,” Riveron said. ”I will take a look at it, I will rule on it and I will say yes, he’s ejected, (or) no, leave him in the game.”’— GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Rookie Josh Rosen came into the huddle to start Arizona’s final drive with a few choice words.“We’re going to win this (expletive) game,” he said.And the Cardinals did just that.Rosen threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to fellow rookie Christian Kirk with 34 seconds to play to rally the Arizona Cardinals to an 18-15 victory over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in a matchup of teams with two of the worst records in the NFL.“That was a lot of fun,” Rosen said. “That’s why sports are fun.”The Cardinals, winners at home for the first time under first-year coach Steve Wilks, beat San Francisco for the eighth straight time and second time in three weeks.“Our defense gave us a very good chance to win that, giving us three turnovers and getting us a 12-point lead,” San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan said. “We didn’t capitalize on them enough for touchdowns and we didn’t make the plays at the end when we needed to.”Arizona (2-6) got two fourth-quarter touchdown passes from Rosen after the 49ers (1-7) had built a 15-3 lead.Rosen’s 13-yard pass to Larry Fitzgerald cut the lead to 15-10 with 11:06 to play. Fitzgerald also caught a 2-point conversion pass after Kirk’s TD.Fitzgerald, in his 15th NFL season, caught eight passes for 102 yards, his best game of the season. He had four catches for 81 yards in the fourth quarter and the crowd chanted “LAR-RY, LAR-RY.”“I threw him the ball and he caught it DeForest Buckner Jersey , whether it was a good ball or a bad ball,” Rosen said. “That’s why he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer. I’m going to be telling my kids one day that I got to throw to him.”Fitzgerald even spiked the football after the 2-point catch, something he said he’d never done before.“We don’t spike the ball in our house,” Wilks said, “but I’ll let that one slide. I think he got carried away.”Fitzgerald joked that he’d been upset because his oldest son had chosen to go to the state fair instead of the game.C.J. Beathard connected with Marquise Goodwin on a 55-yard play for the 49ers’ only touchdown.San Francisco was slogging along with a 5-3 lead before Goodwin beat Patrick Peterson and took a short pass over the middle, then raced to the end zone to make it 12-3 in the third quarter. Robbie Gould’s second field goal of the game, from 20 yards, boosted the lead to 15-3.San Francisco appeared to get a critical turnover with 4:44 to play, needing a coach’s challenge to get it. Arizona tight end Jermaine Gresham fumbled along the sideline and the 49ers’ Fred Warner recovered at the San Francisco 31. Officials initially ruled a 49er touched the ball while out of bounds, but the 49ers challenged and replays showed the player tried but failed to touch it.But the Niners couldn’t move the ball and Arizona went 73 yards in 12 plays for the winning score, using 1:42.The two TD drives came under the direction of new offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich, who was promoted from quarterbacks coach after Mike McCoy was fired.“We really didn’t change much in the offense,” Rosen said. “One thing I think Byron’s really good with is just his demeanor. …He’s got really good timing with a lot of his play calls. He’s got that poise. He’s a steadying force. It wasn’t a pretty one by any means, but baby steps here.”San Francisco scored first when, backed up deep in Arizona territory, Rosen was called for intentional grounding in the end zone. The resulting safety made it 2-0.The only real scoring drive of the first half resulted in Dawson’s 31-yard field goal that put Arizona up 3-2. The 12-play, 78-yard drive was kept alive by a third-down pass interference penalty on Reuben Foster.The only turnover of the first half set up San Francisco’s go-ahead field goal. Jaquiski Tartt stepped in front of intended receiver Kirk and intercepted Rosen’s pass, returning it 21 yards to the Cardinals 12. But the 49ers couldn’t move the ball andGould’s 27-yard field goal put San Francisco ahead 5-3.FITZ HITS 112Fitzgerald’s 112th career touchdown catch moves him past Tony Gonzalez alone into seventh on the NFL career list. He’s caught a TD pass in each of his last two games after getting none the first six games of the season. He needs three to tie Antonio Gates for sixth.INJURIESThe already beat-up 49ers lost two important defensive players.Foster left early with a hamstring injury. Tartt was knocked out with a shoulder injury.49ers defensive back Amare Exum Jr. left in the fourth quarter with a head injury.UP NEXT49ers: host Oakland on Thursday night.Cardinals: have bye week, play at Kansas City on Nov. 11.
linchao
подполковник

Вернуться в Свободный форум