That’s the optimistic approach to this whole

Общение на любые темы

That’s the optimistic approach to this whole

Сообщение linchao » 20 дек 2019, 10:20

The Carolina Panthers didn’t play a game in Week 7 https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Da_Norris-Searcy-Jersey , which means they didn’t lose and fall to 4-3 on the season. However, a few fans lost a bit of the confidence they had after the team’s 37-26 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 6. After reaching 84 percent in last week’s survey, fan confidence dropped five points this week to a still respectable 79 percent heading into Week 8. Panthers Fan Pulse confidence results(percentage of fans who voted ‘confident’)Regular season Week 8 — 79%Regular season Week 9 — 33%Regular season Week 10 — 51%Regular season Week 11 — 47%Regular season Week 12 — 5%Perhaps it’s the upcoming opponent that has a few Panthers fans rethinking their confidence level. The San Francisco 49ers are currently one of the NFL’s two remaining undefeated teams (the New England Patriots are the other) and the Panthers have to travel out west to Santa Clara, Calif. to play a late afternoon game (for us east coast folks, anyway)in Levi’s Stadium on Sunday. I can somewhat understand why a small group of fans would lose a little bit of confidence this week because the 49ers are a pretty good football team. Sure, you can argue that they haven’t played many quality opponents, but they’re playing the teams on their schedule. And they’re not just scraping by either. Let’s look at their results over their last six games, shall we?Week 1: 49ers 31 — Buccaneers 17Week 2: 49ers 41 — Bengals 17Week 3: 49ers 24 — Steelers 20Week 4: Bye weekWeek 5: 49ers 31 — Browns 3Week 6: 49ers 20 — Rams 7Week 7: 49ers 9 — Washington 0Only two of those games (Cleveland and Pittsburgh) have been at home. The other four games have been on the road. I’m sure you’re going to mention that their opponents’ combined record is 11-29 and two of their opponents have just one win between them, and you would be right to point that out because those are undeniable facts. You can argue that they’re a paper tiger based on their strength of schedule if you want, and you could be right, but I think they’re a good team, and I think scores like 31-17, 41-17 and 31-3 show that. One thing that stands out to me is that over their last three games their defense has allowed a combined total of just 10 points. That’s impressive if you ask me (I know you didn’t, but just go with me here).The 49ers’ defense is the biggest test yet for quarterback Kyle Allen. He’s faced a few decent-to-good defenses in his first four games this year, but he hasn’t been up against a defense that’s as hot as the 49ers are right now. Because of how good San Francisco’s defense is, I don’t expect the Panthers to score a lot of points and I don’t think this game will be a shootout. In fact, I’m not sure that both teams combined will score more than 24 points. This game has a classic 13-10 defensive slugfest vibe to it Greg Van Roten Color Rush Jersey , and hopefully the Panthers defense will be ready for battle on Sunday. If Allen can limit mistakes and avoid giving the 49ers short fields on offense, the Panthers stand a much better chance of winning. I think the 49ers are good, but I don’t think they’re unbeatable. I think this is a nearly even matchup for both sides. Both defenses are quite good, and this game should be a good barometer of where the Panthers stack up with the rest of the NFC. I think the trip out west will be a factor for the Panthers, and the post-bye lull that sometimes happens could hurt the Panthers more than it should, but this is a winnable game.So, if the Panthers beat the 49ers on Sunday — and I admit that it’s not a guarantee, but if they’re able to leave the west coast with a win — the fan confidence in next week’s FanPulse survey better be damn near 100 percent or I’m going to have to write a sternly worded article to reprimand all of you for lacking faith in the team. (Trust me, you don’t want me to do that. I might even turn on my CAPS LOCK. Don’t make me go there.)To end this week’s article on a positive note, let’s take a look at how many Atlanta Falcons fans are confident in the direction of their team:In case it’s not clear by the graphic, the exact number of Falcons fans who are confident in their team is zero. Also known as cero, null, noll, nula and my personal favorite: nil.There is not a single Falcons fan who participates in our FanPulse surveys left who’s still confident in the direction of their team. I guess that’s what happens when you’re [checks notes] 1-6 and have lost your last five straight games.So, Panthers fans, please join me and laugh at the Falcons for being bad.[insert laugh track here]And yes, I’m fully aware that the Falcons will sweep the Panthers because I did this https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com , and no I do not care. That will actually be hilarious if it happens.What do you think about the Panthers’ chances to upset the 49ers this week? How confident are you in the direction they’re headed? Share your thoughts with us!Also, if you’d like to take part in our FanPulse surveys, please sign up and let your voice be heard! ATLANTA (AP)Cam Newton says he has already moved on from one of the worst starts of his career. The Panthers quarterback put up some bad numbers in Carolina’s 22-10 loss Sunday to the Atlanta Falcons, but the 2015 NFL MVP isn’t too concerned. The playoffs are about to begin, and Newton sees no reason why the Panthers can’t make a run. ”Right now, we need to turn the page extremely fast, and I’m going to do that and focus on the next opponent,” Newton said, looking forward to next week’s wild-card game at New Orleans. Dissecting his performance against the Falcons won’t be much fun. Newton had a 31.5 passer rating, the lowest of a seven-year, 109-game career. He began the afternoon missing on his first nine attempts and threw three interceptions in the second half. His 41.2 completion percentage was the fourth-worst of his career. But as badly as the day started, Newton appeared to have taken the game’s momentum late in the second quarter as he engineered a 16-play, 78-yard drive that lasted over eight minutes. He converted third downs with a 16-yard scramble, a 10-yard pass and a spectacular 27-yard pass that wiped out an 11-yard sack on the previous play. After connecting with Devin Funchess for a 4-yard touchdown, Newton was confident knowing that Carolina would get the ball to begin the third quarter. Instead, the Panthers went three-and-out to begin the second half and misfired the rest of the way. ”We had too many blunders,” Newton said. ”That’s not us. Fumbles in the backfield Carolina Panthers Customized Jerseys , miscommunication in the pass game, just things that are easily corrected. That’s the optimistic approach to this whole thing.” Newton and tight end Greg Olsen both tried to move on from a forgettable third-down incompletion early in the fourth quarter with the Falcons leading by nine. Newton had overcome his own fumble on the second play of the drive to connect with Funchess for a 44-yard gain. Three snaps later, Olsen ran a route to the right side, but didn’t cut back toward the sideline. Newton’s pass bounced out of bounds. Olsen, a three-time Pro Bowl selection and Newton’s teammate for seven years, said Newton didn’t see a hand signal he gave before the snap. ”We didn’t play well enough to win,” Olsen said. ”We can lie to ourselves, but we just didn’t play well enough offensively to win.” Olsen and Newton appeared to avoid each other on the sideline for the rest of the game. ”We cannot rush to conclusions,” Newton said. ”We can’t panic. Sometimes it’s just good to step back and analyze the situation and even breathe throughout the mayhem of what’s going on. ”I didn’t think we did a good job today. There were a lot of guys pressing, including myself at times, and just knowing that everything is A-OK at the end of the day. When we panic, that’s when our production goes down. We just have to stay smooth sailing and we’ll learn from this.” Newton was lacking a strong supporting cast. He’s had a revolving door with his starting receivers, and the offense was absent running back Jonathan Stewart, who was held out with a tight back. ”The accuracy is something needs to be in place as well,” he said. ”I just can’t overlook myself. There were some errant throws that I’ve got to be better at and I will be better at.” —
linchao
подполковник

Вернуться в Свободный форум