The Los Angeles Rams and Oakland Raiders spent most of the l

Общение на любые темы

The Los Angeles Rams and Oakland Raiders spent most of the l

Сообщение linchao » 25 дек 2018, 07:03

When the teams open the season against each other Monday night in Oakland, that will have changed. The Rams will have last year's winner of the league's top Womens Cory Littleton Jersey defensive award on the field anchoring the middle in Aaron Donald. The Raiders will be without 2016 winner Khalil Mack, who was traded to Chicago.The Raiders dealt Mack for a package including two first-round draft picks a day after Donald signed a six-year, $135 million deal, with $87 million guaranteed. Oakland was unwilling to pay that price for Mack, forcing defensive coordinator Paul Guenther to shelve plans he made after getting hired on how to use Mack, and proceed the way he approached training camp with the rest of the overhauled defense."I think I saw the guy in a restaurant in March one time," Guenther said. "My kids pointed it out to me, 'Hey, its Khalil Mack. He's got the new Jordans on.' You know, I wouldn't know. With as many new players we brought in Womens Brandin Cooks Jersey , new coaching staff we just kind of got use to him not being here and operating with what we got, so we are going to move along that way."The Raiders spent much of the offseason trying to improve their pass rush by moving Bruce Irvin to a full-time defensive end position, and drafting P.J. Hall, Arden Key and Maurice Hurst. That group helped generate 12 sacks in the preseason and will have plenty of pressure starting Monday night to fill Mack's void."It's an opportunity for me and the rest of the guys on the D-line," Key said. "That's just another opportunity. Khalil Mack is gone. We can't dwell on it. We have to move forward and somebody has to step up in his spot."The Rams said they weren't exactly upset to see Mack traded, considering he has averaged more than 12 sacks and 60 quarterback pressures over the last three seasons. But they noted they still have to face Mack in Week 14 and that the Raiders' other rushers present enough of a challenge this week."He's a great player, and he's not going to be on the team we're playing this week, but they've got plenty of good players, and they've got a great defense and a great team that we're preparing for," quarterback Jared Goff said. "We're not thinking very much about Khalil right now."The Raiders have plenty to worry about on Los Angeles' defense now that Donald is back to team with three former All-Pros added this offseason: defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib.The new-look lineup gives coordinator Wade Phillips one of the game's best pair of cornerbacks in Peters and Talib http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/greg-zuerlein-jersey , as well as interior rushers in Donald and Suh.The Raiders have a good idea what to expect with Peters and Talib having spent the past few years in the AFC West; Oakland playing against Suh in Miami last year; and Phillips serving as defensive coordinator in Denver in 2015-16 when he faced the Raiders four times overall."They're all great players," quarterback Derek Carr said. "They have a great team, great defense. Great challenge they present us. Then (defensive coordinator) coach Phillips calling it. I've gone against him a number of times. He does his stuff, man, and he's really good at it. It's going to be a good challenge for us. I can sit here and talk good things about all those guys. They know how I feel about them, they're great players."The Rams have spent the past week incorporating Donald into the mix after he held out all offseason and training camp. They have experience doing it from last year, when he didn't report until one day before the season opener and missed the first game.He's had more than a week of practice and should be ready for the opener for what could be the most star-packed defense in the league."We haven't played in any games or any meaningful snaps, so we're still figuring out how to come together as a defense," coach Sean McVay said. "You feel good about those two players and some of the other guys that will play with them up front. It looks good right now, but it's about playing together as a unit and doing a great job against what we know is going to be an excellent challenge with a great offense on Monday night." Prior to the Halloween, NFL teams will have to make a decision on whether or not they intend to bolster their rosters by way of trade. At 4pm ET on October 30 Womens John Sullivan Jersey , all trading comes to an end for the 2018 season. With just a few weeks left before the deadline, Pro Football Focus is taking a look at a potential trade to benefit all 32 teams. For the Los Angeles Rams, it probably comes as no surprise that they’re aiming to help the Rams on defense - specifically at EDGE rusher - a spot where they could definitely use some help: Despite the constant pressure created up front by Donald and Suh, the Rams are still struggling to tally sacks and currently are tied for 22nd in the NFL (with 8.0) — only three sacks shy of finding themselves in last place for this statistical category. It’s probably not where anyone expected them to rank at the quarter point of the season, but the opposition has been wise to get the ball out quickly when facing the Rams.Donald, Suh, and Michael Brockers account for five of the team’s eight sacks, and Samson Ebukam, Ethan Westbrooks, and John Franklin-Myers have each tallied one. It’s clear the Rams could use a more reliable pass rush from the EDGE position. Regarding the trade for Ziggy, PFF proposes the Rams cough up a 3rd round pick in order to acquire him. And while that may sound too rich for some people’s taste Womens Andrew Whitworth Jersey , it’s worth noting that the Rams are in line for two 3rd-round compensatory picks in 2019 due to the losses of Sammy Watkins and Trumaine Johnson in the offseason. As for production, Ansah has averaged nearly 9 sacks a season since entering the league in 2013; totaling 44 in his first five seasons (2013-2017). He finished 2017 with 12.0 sacks, and racked up a career high 14.5 sacks in 2015. So what say ye, Rams’ faithful? If the Lions were willing to send Ansah packing for a 2019 3rd-round pick are you, like the Rams, all in?
linchao
подполковник

Вернуться в Свободный форум