did. So, we were

Состояние домов и подвалов. Уборка территории, состояние дорог и тротуаров. Детские и спортивные площадки. Озеленение. Парковки. Боремся с хамством.

did. So, we were

Сообщение tujue » 21 ноя 2018, 09:59

XINING Authentic Kevin Johnson Jersey , Oct. 19 (Xinhua) -- Fifty years on, Du Xueyou still hears the deafening sound of China's first nuclear bomb in a remote northwestern desert on Oct 16, 1964. He was there. He helped create it.

GO TO THE FRONT

The story begins with the film "Gold-Silver Sands," or "Jinyintan" in Chinese. The film depicted the lives of herdsmen living on the grasslands of the same name in a Tibetan autonomous prefecture in northwest China's Qinghai Province. It became a hit when it was released in 1954.

Despite obvious critical and market success, it was withdrawn from theaters soon after a short public appearance, with no specific reasons given.

Du didn't get to see the film, but a mysterious trip four years later would connect him to its disappearance from cinemas.

Early in the winter of 1958, Du, 23, then a hoist technician with a mining machinery factory in Luoyang in central China's Henan Province, left his pregnant wife for a mission unknown. He was on a train heading west with several dozens of his colleagues. None of them knew what the exact destination was.

"All I knew was to go to the front," Du told Xinhua.

After almost a whole day on the train, they were transferred to trucks, which carried them to a barren grassland over another two days. The place, which is known by locals as Jinyintan, covers an area of more than 1,100 sq km and features plains surrounded by mountains on the Qinghai-Tibet plateau.

In the summer of that year, Jinyintan was selected as the location of China's first nuclear testing base, a Chinese counterpart to Oak Ridge, the U.S. "Atomic City" established in 1942.

Du was told they would build a factory there, and he knew its name later -- Factory 221. But again, he didn't know what the factory would produce.

"We were told not to pry, but we guessed it must be something big, and it had something to do with national defense because '221' is more like a military code name. We were all excited," Du recalled.

However, the "big project" had to start from zero. Du recalled he spent the first night on Jinyintan in a self-made tent and it was snowing all night.

"We put on all the clothes we had, but found we all became Santa Clauses the next morning as our faces were all frosty," Du said.

That's all it took to disillusion him.

The hardship was far beyond his imagination. The height of construction from 1959 to 1961 coincided with a nationwide famine caused by natural disasters. Du found himself in survival mode as the food supply quota per person was only 10 kg per month.

"We were so starving that our legs were swollen, a typical sign of malnutrition. We had to look for mushrooms and hunt in the mountains for food," recalled Du.

Despite the hardships, the base was built in 1963. Du took his first bath in five years that summer. He was given an even bigger bonus -- a vacation back to Henan to visit his family, including his five-year-old son he had never seen in person.

While Du was back for a long-awaited family reunion, Liu Zhaoming, an explosives engineer, left a Beijing-based institute for an unknown destination.

"I was only told to go to the front," Liu told Xinhua.

He also arrived at Factory 221 and worked in an explosives lab.

"You could never imagine how simple the lab's facilities were. We used bronze saws to cut the explosives with no insulation protection at all. It was really dangerous. After all, an explosion could happen any time," said Liu.

Liu had no idea that he was one of more than 10,000 scientists and engineers working for the country's first atomic bomb. They worked in more than 400 factories and scientific research organizations, which were scattered among 20 provincial regions. They were preparing different parts of the bomb and most of them didn't know the final product was a nuclear weapon.

On 6 June 1963, China successfully detonated a quasi-atomic bomb, which contained no nuclear material, at the Jinyintan base, paving the way for its first formal nuclear test.

NORTH BY NORTHWEST

Du was once again on a train westward to a "mysterious front" at the end of 1963. The destination was Lop Nur in the desert of the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, more than 1,600 km northwest of Jinyintan.

He and his colleagues worked on the construction of a new nuclear test base. It seemed overwhelming to start. However, a 102 meter-tall tower to carry China's first atomic bomb was raised in the Gobi within several months.

"People often ask me how you can keep on working under such extreme difficult conditions. I tell them I didn't know the feeling of not being hungry before I was 15, when the New China (People's Republic of China) was founded in 1949 and changed my life," he said.

"Most of my colleagues had gone through the same dark days as I did. So, we were clear about what people's lives were like when their home country was weak and bullied. I believed if I worked hard enough, my child would not have to live a childhood of suffering as I did," said Du.

"That's why the bomb was later called the bomb of courage," he said.

A declassified official record said that a total of 5,058 people, including Du, participated in the final preparation for the bomb's detonation in Lop Nur.

The last group of workers evacuated from the bomb site to an observation spot 60 km away after the detonators were connected to the atomic bomb at 6:30 a.m. on Oct. 16, 1964.

"I was one of the last group of people leaving the site. I didn't know the bomb actually exploded before my eyes. I didn't think of the dangers at all, just feeling time going too slowly," said Du.

At around 3.p.m., a concussive detonation rumbled through the desert, and Du saw a mushroom cloud rising from the Gobi. On that day, China successfully conducted its first nuclear test, making it the fifth nuclear-armed state after the Unite If you are an underg. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Cheap NBA Jerseys From China Cheap Soccer Jerseys Online Cheap Womens NHL Jerseys Cheap Womens Nike NFL Jerseys
tujue
полковник

Вернуться в Наши дома и наши дворы