How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #068

Состояние домов и подвалов. Уборка территории, состояние дорог и тротуаров. Детские и спортивные площадки. Озеленение. Парковки. Боремся с хамством.

How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #068

Сообщение FrankJScott » 31 мар 2021, 00:52

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a good comprehension of what a hygrometer does and what can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let's talk about how to actually control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can not just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck method was my first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it trying. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors most of the time and requires you to soak it into propylene glycol. I found it for a bit of a guessing game because you have to be sure your"puck" does not run out of juice. It was mainly stressful because I used the crummy free version from my humidor so results may vary. But once I updated to a Xikar puck, it was smooth sailing. I only had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be much more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is quite easy. It takes about 30 seconds and you just buy the propylene glycol individually. This solution is odorless and only replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water may cause issues because of chlorine or other chemicals, and distilled water won't stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very simple to use products which you may merely open and pop it in a humidor such as this
electric humidor. These have a much more controlled method of managing humidity than the puck technique. The only bad thing is you need to replace these completely the majority of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't recommend attempting to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of these, particularly the tubes, is they don't occupy much room in your humidor. But, depending on the size, the jar arrangement may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the tubes or jar out of Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favourite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I utilize for my tupperdor today. But they can err a bit on the high side concerning humidity should you use them in a tupperdor. I would aim to go several percentages lower in the desired humidity as a result when you have a tupperdor. (These packs are available in all different humidity levels.) Otherwise they do a fantastic job of absorbing humidity if it's too high and increasing if it's too low. Once your package is stiff, then you just throw it off. That being said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these quite easily simply by soaking them for a few days once they become stiff. Even though this might be a terrific way to save money, the recharged packs certainly won't be as precise as an original. To discover more about how to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I don't recharge because if I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I do not want to cut corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a frequent humidity method which many advocate across java forums. This provider revolves around these beads and they've a lot of diehard followers to their product. These are popular with larger humidors or even wineadors. These are probably one of the more expensive choices but continue forever. They do require spraying of distilled water after week or two though so you've got to stick to a schedule. This way is somewhat more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these a layer at the base of their wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing greater than the place it and overlook a electric humidifier, especially if you've got a big or valuable set. All these are a bit expensive compared to the other choices such as humidor but there's the advantage of very little upkeep. The components also work best if plugged in -- so you'll be required to conduct a level cable into the outside of your humidor. However some of these units have a few really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 months but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a larger wineador installation, many advocate kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. I've personally never done this but many swear by it. This is a really similar technique to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined previously. The crucial thing is to obtain a kitty litter with no fragrance and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as needed. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor odor.
FrankJScott
полковник

Re: How To Select The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #068

Сообщение voxzi » 30 окт 2022, 00:20

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт